Tuesday 7 January 2014

My Favourite Zim singers of all times

These are the singers I grew up listening to....I actually do not know why some of them are quiet lately but trust me they gave us mad tunes back in the day of which I personally still listen to the tracks.

Plaxedis Wenyika


I guess you are too young then if you are from Zimbabwe and do not know this Diva .I remember some people back in the day when they would write letters to their girlfriends or boyfriends using her lyrics (lol) ,my fav tune of all times is 'Tisaparadzane' although I guess I was a little girl when that song was released but I would always sing to it word to word hihihihi.The other song I love by Plaxedis is 'Hapana wakandida' OMG!! Me and my friends used to have a dance routine to this song ,we didn't even care about the meaning of the song lol.Although I read on an article that she is back in the music business 'whooppyyyyy!!!!!!' Way to go Plaxedis ....by the way congratulations on your masters in Business Administration.. One more thing I never ask for follow backs lol but hey follow your girl back on Instagram 'hides'.

Sandra Ndebele

You cannot be from Zimbabwe or mostly Bulawayo and not know her ,fine maybe you have forgotten who  she is let me remind you the songs she did 'Malaika,mama we mama,into Yami ngeyakho'.Every little girl (including me) wanted to dance like her some times people like me would copy her dance moves ( I wasn't even doing anything close to what she was doing lol).Sandra Ndebele used to do some killer moves tjo she would even do splits (about that Sandra my mama warned me not to copy you loll),by the way I used to lie to my friends and tell them ,I was related to her lol because she shares same surname with my mum *naughty me*.To be honest it's been ages since I heard anything about her ,I guess she quit singing then ever since she got married I'm just guessing you all.

Sani Makhalima


Ghosh where do I even start from with Sani Makhalima he used to have a voice to die for of which he still does I recently bought his song on iTunes 'jeso ke Morena waka' which he featured artists like Nox,Kudzi Nyakudya and Esther ,you all should get his album it's got nice tracks on it..

Anyway back to Sani Makhalima back in the day lol I have a confession i used to have a crush tjo aayy the key word 'was' haha not now lol I still got mad love for you though Sani Makhalima (I hope my dad won't read This) lol.My fav tunes by him are 'hakuna mumwe' and 'pasina iweh' which Plaxedis Wenyika was featured in ,each time I listen to them tunes I just miss my home tjo (kHumbul'ekhaya eZimbabwe)..Hopefully we will keep hearing more from you Sanii...

Mafriq


Where are these guys? ,why are they silent? Are they still a group? I wish someone would give me answers to these questions .I remember when ZESA would go in the evening me and my friends would go and sit outside and start singing 'ndizvo chete' in turns and the harmonies in there were just magnificent (I kno I'm clapping hands for my self) especially when it gets to that part 'ndatarisa musikana wakanaka wandinoda' that was my part lol( erm I might not be a beast but I can sing in tune).Im sorry to go off topic a bit but just wanted to ask because I am kind behind with this gist lol is Pauline still with Roqui? (im sure you all know him he was in bigbrother the star who sang chidzoka)just asking hey.Speaking of Roqui where is he ? last time I heard he was going to do a collabo with Nigerian superstar Wizkid (unless it was just a rumour) .Back to Mafriq I haven't heard any other song after 'taura chizevezeve' if they have another track somebody introduce me to it.....


Well they are many artistes I grew up listening to in Zim but I couldn't write them all arghh!! (Feeling sleepy) I always blog in the middle of the night because that is the only time that I get since I have work and school but well at least I make time for you all...

DON'T FORGET TO SHARE AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment