Saturday 14 March 2015

Q & A with Soul Afrika (Taqura and Tatenda)

Hey guys so I thought of doing a Q & A with Soul Afrika one of the most talented duos I've ever heard in Zim but I like to call them zvinu boys lol.



What made you come up with the name Soul Afrikah?.What really inspired you?

Theres nothing much to the name. We just wanted something with "Africa" in it and Soul..since our roots are r&b nd Soul.

How did you two meet and decide you were going to be a duo?.

Well we met through Cynthia Mare nd her manager Tytan. I was playing acoustic guitar for Cynthia...nd Taku was in H-town. So we were just chillaxing and as we introduced each other we later started singing All of Me by John Legend and broke into harmonies. Thats how i came to join the group nd met Takura.

Have you two always wanted to be in a group or been in a group before?.



Well the funny thing abt having a vision is it leads u to the right people. I (Tatenda) personally have always wanted to team up with someone to create something Unique to the industry. So yes i have always wanted to be.

Tatenda you play an acoustic guitar and Taqura u play keys.Do you guys play other instruments except for those?.

Besides playing the acoustic Tatenda plays the piano ,drums ,bass guitar and mbira . My focus really is on song writing and also making sure that our vocals are on point. 

I'm a big fan of you guys and i must admit my favourite songs are pauri and my valentine.Whats your favourite songs that you've done so far?

Takura :Handidi is actually my favourite.
Tatenda :i say my favourite is probably Mutoro (which is gonna be on the upcoming album #NDIMIDZERUDO).

When it comes to your fan base would you agree that most of your fans are females lol?.

Lol well...that we cant run away from! I think u can confirm.

Is there any special ladies in your lives since your songs are about Love lol (YOU DNT HAVE TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION If YOU DONT WANT TO).

Takura :Well I am single :)
Tatenda :uhm yes there is!.

About that song Zvinu does Pokello's know you sing about her lol?



Funny u asked. She is a friend of ours. And first time she heard the song she said "i laughed and loved it !"
.
Can I suggest someone who you guys can feature?

Uhm who?

Varaidzo Nyakunika 😊 I think your amazing voices plus hers will just be magical.



Oh Yh she does have a nice voice,maybe one day.

Who are you going to feature next?

This year is full of surprises nd the features are a surprise. 

When should we expect an album?.

We gonna have an album dropping mid this year.

Any tours yet?

Tours..we havent toured yet. Working on an album. But we promise a lot of tours by end of year.


Thank you for your time Soul Afrika

You are welcome baybay :)

1 comment: